Wednesday, September 7, 2016

"Vengeance Road" Book Review


"Vengeance Road" is a young adult western. The protagonist and her father live quietly on a farm until their peaceful life is destroyed by a gang of men looking for something. Although she isn't sure what they want, she begins a quest to find out the secrets her father has been hiding and to take revenge on the men who killed him. She isn't prepared for the secrets that unfold on her ride through the west.

I love watching westerns as I grew up on John Wayne movies, however, western books haven't always appealed to me. Specifically, this book wasn't my favorite because there was a large focus on the romance that unfolds as they cross the terrain and encounter dangerous situations. I thought it was a little far-fetched and over done. The plot twists were intriguing though and I wanted to know what was happening. There is some language which would make me nervous about putting it in some school libraries and it is for a more mature audience. 

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. I've recently started reading more westerns; one that I really enjoyed was Wide Open by Larry Bjornson. It's about Wild Bill Hickok. Unfortunately, it's not a kids book either.

    Should I read this one at all, or is it a pass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You enjoy westerns so you might enjoy this one. It's a good book. Just not my cup of tea.

      Delete