Wednesday, September 14, 2016

"The Monster at the End of this Book" for the Win

 

I don't know about you guys, but this was one of my favorite books growing up. Grover trying to tie the pages and build brick walls to stop us from getting to the end was hysterically funny. The words that took up half the page just begged to be shouted. It's a staple of any library, either public or at home.

A few weeks ago I read this aloud to my first and second graders and it's still magical. My kiddos were floored and covered their ears when I shouted Grover's frustrated statements. They giggled when I pleaded that we not turn the pages. They even begged to hear it two and three times. I could have read it for the entire class period and they probably would have kept collapsing in giggles at poor Grover. 

If you don't have this book in your bag of tricks you have to find a copy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment