Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Animal Classification Reading Passages

One of the things I find it difficult to teach is science. I am not naturally good at understanding science which makes it harder to explain it.  On top of that, science and social studies somehow always get pushed to the back burner because math and reading take precedence in the classroom.  I am making a concentrated effort to be more effective, but it still manages to slip through the cracks.  I did manage to make this set though to help out with animal classification.

Experimenting in the Classroom


We don't have enough science books for a class set so my students need something in their hands they can read.  Plus, this also has comprehension questions to go with it.  I like using it to review after we've used our science books, talked, done activities, etc.  It has reading passages for mammals, reptiles, amphibians, arthropods, vertebrates, invertebrates, and fish. Each passage has an accompanying set of questions that build on all the previous knowledge and answer sheets to go with them.  If you would like to try it out you can grab it here.

1 comment:

  1. Very innovative! I wish you luck fitting in the science and social studies!

    ReplyDelete