Friday, June 17, 2016

Magazine Dilemma

Honest truth: I'm not a big magazine person. I've been putting off dealing with our magazine collection because I don't read them and I don't have any idea where to begin. 

We have several subscriptions targeted at adults, but as far as I know we don't have any teachers that use them. I'm probably going to be paring that selection down. On the other hand I'm looking at student focused subscriptions and looking at expanding that section. I'm thinking maybe even some comic books might need to be added. 

My question is what do you do with old magazines. I have stacks and stacks. I tend to be a hoarder. Do I keep them in a makeshift archive? Do I get rid of them because they are dated? We've tried giving them away before, but I rarely think teachers grab them to use. 

What do you guys do with old magazines? What subscriptions do you have that kids love?

No comments:

Post a Comment