Friday, September 5, 2014

Organizing Copies

Several teachers I know have a similar system where they make their copies for the coming week and then they have a tray, bin, or basket for each day of the week.


I love my system for that, but I also have a system for copies farther into the future.  Sometimes you need to get a jump on copies or you want to do a complete unit at one time even though the unit will take several weeks. Instead of throwing those extra copies into a jumble I have baskets for each subject: reading, writing/grammar, math, and science/social studies.  When I have copies that aren't going to be used in the next week, they go into the corresponding basket.  Super simple and I can find the copies I need quickly.



It also has another great purpose, it makes finding extra work for days I have a substitute super easy.  If I have copies throughout the week that I haven't used, I put them at the bottom of my subject baskets.  That way I can use them later if I want them.  I separate the old copies and the new copies with a piece of pink cardstock.  Everything underneath the pink cardstock is old and I can pull it out for extra work, work for a sub, or whatever I need.



Everything on top I plan to use in the next couple weeks.  It makes my planning easier and my copies much easier to sort through.

1 comment: