Monday, January 27, 2014

My Teacher's Secret Life

A few months ago I went to a conference for three days.  While I was gone, my students had a writing assignment. I told them that I was going to be gone, but I never told them why.  Their job was to create a narrative about what I did while I was gone.  There were some that told a typical story about me being sick, but a few of my kids really came through with new and interesting ideas.  Some made up stories about me working at Wal-Mart or moving.  Other kids sent me to Disneyland.  My favorite was two of my students who worked together on their stories.  They both wrote stories about me going to a beach and meeting a guy named Chad and falling madly in love.  I have to say I had a very interesting 3 days according to my kids.  I wish my life actually was that interesting.

I wanted a fresh and creative writing assignment that might spark my students' interest again, so I put together a pack on My Teacher's Secret Life.  Click on the picture to head over to my TPT store.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/My-Teachers-Secret-Life-Creative-Writing-Assignment-1080688


I thought the kids might have fun creating a strange life for me on the weekends.  My hope is that my students will come up with off-the-wall ideas.  To get them started I thought I would throw a couple ideas at them like maybe I'm an alien or I play baseball for the St. Louis Cardinals.  This packet has brainstorming, prewriting, and final draft pages in color and in blackline masters.  I can't wait to see what kind of ideas my kids come up with.

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are super! I wish I could read some of those stories. They sound hilarious!

    You know you're actually going to marry a man named Chad now, right? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha. My kids were definitely cracking me up! I'm totally looking out for Chad! lol

      Delete